This policy sets out how CIT manages personal information when performing its functions and activities, and establishes a framework to ensure that all personal information collected, 举行, 使用d or disclosed by CIT is conducted in accordance with the requirements under the 2014年《永利贵宾会》 以及其他适用法律.
This policy covers all operations and functions of CIT including the management and disclosure of personal information collected and/or 举行 by CIT of employees, 学生, 承包商, 辅助承包商, 服务提供商, 客户, 代理人或任何其他方.
CIT is committed to protecting the personal information of its future, 现任及前任员工, 学生和其他行业和商业伙伴. 的 specific legal obligations of CIT when collecting and handling personal information are outlined in the 2014年《永利贵宾会》 特别是在 领土隐私原则 详见该法案附表1. 这项政策是根据 领土私隐原则1.3 的 2014年《永利贵宾会》.
的 purposes for which CIT收集, 持有, 使用s and discloses personal information
CIT收集, 持有, 使用s and discloses personal information for the purposes of achieving its functions and activities.
CIT’s functions and activities that encompass privacy aspects include:
- conducting an educational institute to foster excellence in study in the field of technical and further education;
- providing courses and programs to advance and develop knowledge and skills in the fields of technical and further education, 包括管理联邦基金;
- supporting and assisting in the development of industry and commerce;
- promoting the development of community awareness and appreciation of technical and further education;
- consulting and cooperating with other entities in relation to the provision of technical and further education;
- handling freedom of information (FOI) applications and reviews;
- 与公众沟通, stakeholders 和 media including through websites and social media; and
CIT will not 使用 personal information for a secondary purpose or disclose personal information to other 政府ernment agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else without written consent (for reporting and legislative requirements this is obtained at enrolment), 除非获 2014年《永利贵宾会》.
CIT收集并保存有关未来的信息, 现在和过去的学生和未来的学生, 现在和过去的员工. CIT will collect personal information where that information is reasonably necessary for, 或与之直接相关的, 一个或多个功能或活动. CIT tries to only collect the minimum information that it needs.
的 kinds of personal information collected and 举行 may include:
- 关于身份的信息(如出生日期), 出生的国家, 护照详细信息, 签证的细节, 司机执照, 和学历);
- information about personal circumstances (如 age, gender, marital status and occupation);
- 注册证明 《2011年与弱势群体合作(背景调查)法案;
- 关于财务事务的信息(例如付款细节), 税务档案编号, 银行账户细节, 以及关于商业和金融利益的信息);
- information about employment (如 applications for employment, 工作经历, 裁判意见和报酬);
- information about assistance provided under our assistance arrangements.
- CIT may be required to collect personal health information about 学生 or staff. 个人健康记录按照 《永利贵宾会》.
- employment contracts, and other records relating to terms and conditions of employment
- details of financial and other personal interests supplied by employees 和ir immediate family members for the purpose of managing perceived or potential conflicts of interest
- medical certificates or health related information supplied by an employee or their
- CIT will not collect any personal information it does not need.
CIT只会通过合法和公平的手段收集信息. 的 main way CIT收集 personal information is when it is provided by the person, CIT可以多种方式收集哪些资料, 如, 通过纸质或在线表格, 在通信, 电子邮件, 通过电话和传真.
个人信息也可以从第三方收集. 例如, if the person consents to their personal information being collected from someone other than themselves; where the collection of information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, a court or tribunal; or if it is unreasonable or impracticable for CIT to obtain information from the person.
CIT will not collect sensitive information (如 sexual identity or criminal history information) unless the person consents to the collection of that information 和 information is reasonably necessary and directly related to one or more of CIT’s functions and activities. 例如, some CIT courses require 警察 checks 如 nursing; 和 Children’s Services require background checks for registration under the 《2011年与弱势群体合作(背景调查)法案. Also, all new staff are required to undertake a 警察 check before commencing employment.
CIT may collect sensitive information without the person’s consent if it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, 或者法庭或法庭的命令. 领土私隐原则3.4 also provides other basis on which collection of sensitive information is authorised, 例如, 如果有必要，要防止对生命的威胁, 一人或多人的健康或安全, 对公众健康和安全都没有影响.
Generally when a person deals with CIT (例如 when calling on the phone to make an enquiry, that person may remain anonymous or 使用 a pseudonym (a made up name). 然而, in some situations CIT will require personal information to provide services or assistance.
Personal details and identification are required from all people seeking to enrol into a CIT course. 资讯科技署在何处收集个人资料, 它将在那时候或之前发生, 或者在可行之后尽快, provide the person with the following information required under the 2014年《永利贵宾会》:
- 的 circumstances in which CIT收集 personal information and when it is collected from someone else.
- 的 name of any law that requires CIT to collect that personal information.
- 的 purposes for which CIT收集 the information 和 circumstances in which the information is being or has been collected.
- 的 details of any entities or types of entities to which CIT usually discloses the personal information 的 kind collected.
- How to access the CIT 隐私政策 which explains how personal information is handled and how CIT deals with complaints about personal information.
- Whether CIT is likely to disclose the personal information to overseas recipients; and if so, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries.
Certain information is collected when people visit the CIT website or social media sites. This is detailed in the website privacy statement available on the CIT website. No personal information is collected in this way unless it is voluntarily provided through participation in an activity that asks for information 如: sending an e-mail; participating in a survey; or undertaking a payment or other transaction.
How personal information is 举行 和 purposes for which it is disclosed
CIT是必需的 to take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it 持有 is safe and secure. CIT努力保护个人信息不被滥用, 干扰或丢失和未经授权的访问, 根据本协议所作的修改或披露 2014年《永利贵宾会》. 的 2002年领土记录法案 establishes frameworks for the management of personal information if it is 举行 within the files or data systems of CIT. CIT IT systems employ comprehensive protections to guard against unauthorised access. 所有纸质文件都安全可靠地存储.
All sensitive information collected and 举行 by CIT is stored securely in confidential files with restricted access. 作为CIT一般惯例的一部分, personal information is only available to staff who need access to personal information to perform their roles.
Personal information will not be disclosed to a third party for a secondary purpose without first having obtained the person’s written consent, 除非获 2014年《永利贵宾会》. Such permitted circumstances include the following circumstances:
- 的 person would reasonably expect CIT to 使用 or disclose the information for another (secondary) purpose that is related to the original purpose for which the information was collected; or in the case of sensitive information is directly related to the primary purpose.
- 的 使用 or disclosure of information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, 或者法庭或法庭的命令. 例如: to fulfil mandatory reporting requirements under the 2008年儿童和青少年法案 适用于18岁以下的人.
- 的 使用 or disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities (如 prevention, 检测, investigation prosecution or punishment of criminal offences or breaches 的 law, or the protection of public revenue) 的 enforcement bodies (如 AFP, 警察, 民进党, or other body responsible for administering or exercising a function under a relevant law).
- It is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain the person’s consent and CIT reasonably believes that 使用 or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, 任何人的健康或安全, 对公众健康和安全都没有影响.
- CIT有理由怀疑非法活动, or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to its functions or activities and reasonably believes that 使用 or disclosure 的 personal information is necessary to take appropriate action.
- CIT believes that the 使用 or disclosure is reasonably necessary to help locate a person who has been reported as missing.
- Personal information obtained by CIT that does not become a territory record under the 2002年领土记录法案 是否会在实际情况下立即安全销毁.
CIT通常不会在海外披露个人信息. Where CIT discloses personal information to an overseas recipient, under 领土私隐原则8.1 CIT是必需的 to take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the 领土隐私原则. 领土私隐原则8.2 provides for circumstances where CIT is not required to follow steps under 领土私隐原则8.1, 例如, where disclosure is required or authorised by or under an international agreement relating to information sharing, and Australia is a party to that agreement; or where CIT believes that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcement of related activities by an enforcement body 和 overseas recipient’s functions are similar to those of an enforcement body.
CIT staff and 学生 may update or amend their personal information online at any time. 如果需要，CIT学生服务中心可以提供帮助. A person has the right to request access to their personal information 举行 by CIT, 并要求更正他们的个人信息. 这是在 2014年《永利贵宾会》 和 《澳门永利贵宾会》.
Access to personal information will be provided if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. 然而, access may not be given where CIT是必需的 or authorised by law to ref使用 access, 如, 在一个例外中 《澳门永利贵宾会》.
CIT will not charge any fees for making the request or providing access to personal information or correcting personal information. CIT可以拒绝更正个人信息, but it will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that, 考虑到举行会议的目的, 它是准确的, 最新的, 完整的, 相关且不误导. CIT将响应访问请求, 或修正, 30天内的个人信息, and if the request is ref使用d it will give written notice of its reasons for refusal, and state what further steps the person can take after the refusal.
Storage, 使用, disclosure, security and disposal of tax file number information
CIT must only 使用 or disclose tax file number (TFN) information provided to CIT for the purposes authorised under taxation law; personal assistance law or superannuation law or for the purpose of giving an individual information about the tax file number CIT has about that individual. CIT must take all reasonable steps to protect tax file number information from mis使用 or loss, 以及未经授权的访问, 使用, modification or disclosure and to destroy or de-identify TFN information once it is no longer required for a lawful purpose or function. CIT是必需的, under the notifiable data breach scheme to notify any individuals to be at serious harm by a data breach 的ir tax file number information. An eligible data breach arises when the following three criteria are satisfied:
- there is unauthorised access to or unauthorised disclosure of personal information (tax file number information ), CIT拥有;
- this is likely to result in serious harm to one or more individuals, and
- the entity has not been able to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial action.
Complaints about how CIT has managed personal information will be dealt with through the CIT Resolving Workplace Issues Policy (for staff) or the CIT Complaints Policy – Student and Community Members. Complaints should be made in writing to the Privacy Contact Officer via the contact details below. CIT is also able to assist with the lodgement of a complaint if required. CIT will promptly acknowledge receipt of all complaints and seek to satisfactorily resolve each matter within in a timely way.
A review by a more senior CIT officer may be requested if the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome or a formal privacy complaint can be made to the Information Privacy Commissioner under section 34 的 2014年《永利贵宾会》. Complaints about possible interference with privacy should be made to CIT in the first instance. 如果CIT没有解决这些问题, privacy complaints may be taken to the Information Privacy Commissioner in accordance with section 34 and 35 的 2014年《永利贵宾会》 如果是关于入侵 领土隐私原则.
的 role 的 Information Privacy Commissioner is currently performed by the Australian Information Commissioner, which is an independent body that will decide whether to deal with a complaint and can consider whether there has been an interference with privacy. If a complaint is up举行 by the Commissioner it may be possible to seek a remedy in the Magistrates Court
(More information about making a complaint to the Office 的 Australian Information Commissioner can be found on its website www.oaic.政府.au 或致电1300 363 992).
All inquiries regarding CIT privacy should be made to the Privacy Contact Officer by:
联系电话:02 6207 7051
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth)
- 《2011年与弱势群体合作(背景调查)法案 (ACT)
- 领土私隐原则(TPPs 2014)
个人信息 的第8节定义了 2014年《永利贵宾会》 and essentially means information or an opinion (true or not) about an identified individual, 或者一个可以被合理识别的人. 的 information or opinion may be recorded in a material form or not. 个人信息 does not include personal health information.
个人健康信息 的第8节定义了 2014年《永利贵宾会》 和的意思是一样的 《永利贵宾会》. 它包括任何个人信息, whether or not recorded in a health record relating to the health, 消费者的疾病或残疾. 个人健康信息 is managed in accordance with the 《永利贵宾会》.
敏感信息 的第14节定义了 2014年《永利贵宾会》 and means personal information that is about a person’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a political association, 专业或行业协会, or trade union; sexual orientation or practices; or criminal record. Sensitive information also includes genetic information and certain biometric information and biometric templates. 敏感信息是个人信息的一种形式.
学术信息 refers to information about a student’s academic progress or academic status (assessment results, 学科成绩和资格资格)和出勤率. 学术信息是个人信息的一种形式.
领土隐私原则 是13 领土隐私原则 (tpp)载于 2014年《永利贵宾会》 that regulate the management of personal information by ACT public sector agencies. 他们制定了标准, 处理的权利和义务, 持有, accessing and correction of personal information (including sensitive information).
For more information about this policy contact the CIT Manager Corporate Governance.
请致电(02)6207 3188或电邮联系CIT学生服务中心 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: 学生的政策, 工作人员 Policies, Corporate Policies
2021-12-01: Higher Education - 专业 Equivalency Policy
2021-09-20: Student Loan Assistance (Re-crediting 费用 and Review of Decisions) Policy